THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Journey

Photobucket

I'm so very tired right now. Tired of running. Tired of hiding from myself. Hiding from bad boys who think that they are men. Boys who do bad things. Bad things to an afraid young girl. I'm just so tired. I want peace. I want to take back what was mine. My body. My soul. My life.

These were the first words that I wrote when I started this blog on June 13th, 2007, and this will be my 600th post. I had just started seeing a therapist at this time, and she suggested that I journal as a way to start finding my voice. I needed an outlet for all of the pain that I was feeling inside, but for me, I needed to learn to find and use my voice in a way that felt safe. I didn't fully realize that others would actually find and read this blog, but it came as a nice surprise. The comments of support and empathy encouraged me to be honest, and to continue sharing. Sometimes I'm discouraged by my relapses and setbacks when it comes to recovery. It has been a long road, but I do believe that although slowly, I am taking back my life. I have learned so much about myself through writing about my thoughts and feelings. I learned that I am not alone, and most importantly, I have learned to reach out for help. I made the difficult decision to go into an in-patient eating disorder facility in the fall of 2008. That was my first giant step into the world of eating disorder recovery. It was the beginning of admitting that I had a problem. Throughout thiat process, I was also dealing with the trauma of being raped as a child, and working through all of those painful feelings in therapy. The eating disorder was how I had coped with those feelings for half of my lifetime. I felt so much guilt and shame. In many ways I'm still stuck in the body of an eleven year old child. I have a lot of growing up to do. I want to thank everyone for the support, and for following along on my journey. I finally feel like I'm on my way.

6 Comments:

Nenad said...

hi.....
is my first time to visiting here, wow so nice blog u have.
nice post my friends...

Ann said...

While I wasn't here at the beginning of your journey I'm glad I stumbled upon you at one point and have been able to see the progress you have made since I joined you.

Nicole said...

You really have come such a long way, Angie, and I am so proud of you for all the progress you continue to make. I will always believe in you and always cheer you on :)

Lots of love <3<3<3
Nicole

Anonymous said...

I wonder sometimes if holding onto this blog is holding you back in some way and not allowing you to move forward. I know it's been healing and therapeutic, but it can also be an addictive habit keeping you tied to something you are trying to let go of. Having this as an outlet was probably good in June 2007. But now, 3 years later, does it continue to hold you hostage in a past you are trying to heal from and eventually let go of? Just something to think about. This blog has become such an extension of you, I wonder if you will be able to separate yourself from it some day, letting it go acknowledging it has served it's purpose for it's time and eventually closing this chapter in your life. Wishing all the best.

Lenox Knits said...

I am happy that I too found your blog somewhere along the way. I always admire your ability to put yourself out there completely vulnerable and open. It takes a lot of courage to express the things you do on here. I understand what Anon is saying but I don't really agree. I think as you continue to grow that this will continue to change and express all the new things you are learning about yourself.

Sunny said...

Anon has a point here and it's something I have wondered about for myself with certain journals I have. Can I truly move forward if all I have to do it look at my first entry? I really don't know.

However, I know that you will decide what is right for you when the time comes. I do like seeing how you are evolving in this blog. I see such changes in you since 2005! Can you believe it's been that long? Wow.

Think of how far you've come since out WV trip too! Gosh, Angie, it's wonderful.

Love you.