THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, August 21, 2010

An Update

I made it through this first week of school, and I do have to say that it wasn't all that bad. On Thursday I was moved back into the Jr. High temporarily in the mornings until I can train someone new to take my place, so it was good to be back in my old classroom where I feel at home. I'm still with the little people in the afternoons. I've been exhausted when I come home from work. I get my toes stepped on a lot, and I've been working with a biter, which isn't all that much fun, but I've managed to keep the teeth away from making contact so far! It is such a busy and chaotic environment, but I'm sure that I will adjust to it. I do like the staff, and they have all been welcoming. I have to be prepared for moving again though, and I don't do well with change. It is definitely a part of the job that I don't like. The kids make it worth it, and I feel like I've at least accomplished something at the end of the week.
Lunch between schools has been okay. I've been eating the protein bars. I'm definitely not consuming enough calories during an entire day, but I'm getting something in for now. I'm sure it will improve as my stress level decreases. Right now I have a lot more rules in my head about food in general. I have a 500 calorie a day rule, and no junk food. Dave made hamburgers on the grill this week, which I would not eat. I've mostly been living on the protein bars, cereal, and yogurt. I'm still trying to sit down to dinner with my family, but even that has been hit or miss. Last night I was too tired to even eat dinner. I also received a call from my therapist last night saying that she would have to cancel some appointments because her sister is dying. That really hit me hard for some reason. She has told me so many funny stories about her sister, and I almost feel like I know her. The empathy that I feel for my therapists pain is strong.
I can always see my trauma therapist if I need to touch base with someone, and I will still see my nutritionist next week. I feel like I'm needing a great deal of support right now, as I'm struggling quite a bit. I'm not dreading this next week at work though, so that should definitely be an improvement.
Well, that is all for now. I'm off to the pool today to hang with some friends, and get some vitamin D therapy. I'm wishing everyone a great weekend, and I also want to thank everyone for the wonderful and supportive comments on my last pathetic post! They mean more than you know:)

11 Comments:

Paula said...

Pool and relaxing sounds good. Grounding techniques are quite helpful when it gets to much. You seem to handle better then you thoguth. Congrats. Well done. Enjoy your weekend.

Fiona said...

Hey there, vitamin D is always a helper in my books, enjoy and take care of yourself. Stress definitely increases my rules and regulations and ocd, hopefully as things settle, so will ur rules. Try and see if u can accomplish getting the feeling of security from a different source rather than turning to food restriction in times of stress Fi
xxx

I Hate to Weight said...

i wonder how you are functioning on 500 calories a day -- how you are feeling and how your mood is.

it makes me sad -- this must be so difficult.

take good, excellent care of yourself.

Lisa said...

I'm glad you made it through your first week of school! I'm glad your eating something during lunch. It's better than nothing...

I hope u take care of yourself...

Stay strong
-Lisa

Deborah Ann said...

Blog traveling today - your blog is absolutely gorgeous! The words and images are simply divine...

Ann said...

relaxing by a pool and soaking up some sun sound great. Glad to hear you made it through the first week ok. I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on and once you're used to be back hopefully you won't be so tired by the end of the day.

Just Be Real said...

I know relaxing by the pool is theraputic for me. Dear one here listening. ((((Angela))))

Unknown said...

hi love!!
nothing beats some vitamin d therapy-- talk about self-care ;)

glad school is going well!

Kelsey Ann said...

try ur hardest to keep challenging yourself too, its so hard i know! vitamin D could definitely help i know zinc and B vitamin complexes are incredibly helpful as well!

i really hope this first week goes by smoothly. take care love!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm starting school next week and am hoping it will keep my mind busy and off of Ed. How do find energy and brain power on only 500 cals?? That is worrisome:( Hope the Vit D therapy did you good:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Angela!

I'm so glad you had a nice week at school! Good job on eating something for lunch! Try your hardest to keep challenging yourself with food- you'll find that you'll have soooo much energy to work and spend time with your family.

Take care!
Paola <3