THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Wings Are Still Beating

Photobucket

I am having bouts of insomnia this week, and very restless when I do sleep. As a result a couple of people have been less than complimentary about my appearance. Someone actually said that I looked like death warmed over, and another just said that I looked tired. Both were men, of course!
This has been a rough week with the loss of a friend. It is hard not to think about it all of the time, and it has been making me feel like I'm a failure as a person. Sometimes I feel like I'm not good at anything. Work can get me down when a student has a bad day. I often take it on myself. It is difficult not to blame myself, although I know that the world doesn't revolve around me. I have talked here before about how I'm constantly apologizing for things that I really don't have any control over. I'm aware of this, and although what happened this week has been a sort of set back, I'm not allowing it to affect my eating or my yoga practice. I've still been going all week, even though I've been exhausted.
My food intake has been better. I'm allowing myself snacks here and there, and dinner has been consistant. Even with what happened, I'm getting through without taking it out on my body, and that gives me a sense of strength that I can handle whatever life throws at me. Friday we don't have school, so that is going to give me some time to get my haircut, and take an extra yoga class, since on Friday's they don't have any evening classes. This weekend will be busy. Saturday I'm going with my sons choir group, and we are going to Worlds Of Fun, which is an amusement park. I will be responsible for ten Jr. High students. It is supposed to be cold and rainy, but I'm still looking forward to it. Roman says that his friends love me, so that makes me feel good:-) Well, that is all I have to say at the moment. Wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

4 Comments:

Just me said...

I am so proud of you. So proud.

When you feel like you're struggling to stay on top of things, read this post again. Your attitude is good and you are strong! x x x

Wanda's Wings said...

In spite of everything, you are staying on track. I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work because you are worth it!

Anonymous said...

Wanda and Just me have said it all. We are proud of you but I know you are more proud of yourself for working your way through this. Friends and Family will be there for you at the end of the road.....whenever you get there. Remember that this is a marathon and not a sprint race.

YO GA girl. Love and all that stuff!!

Old man in Florida

Angela said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments. I've cried a lot this week, but it is good that I'm feeling, and I am proud of myself for the first time in a long time. I know that I can do this.