THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Insights And Clarity

Photobucket

I'm sitting here trying to find the words to explain my visit with Eve, Jenny, and Jessieh. Actually there are many words ... surreal, thought provoking, heart wrenching, and above all, filled with love. I think because we had such a limited time to spend together, we tried to fit in as much talking as we could. I have never sat down and talked with other sexual abuse survivors, and as painful as it was, I learned so much. I was challenged, understood, validated, and loved by these three amazing women. I'm still trying to process everything that was said, and I'm sure that those insights will be another post entirely. I find it fascinating that all four of us are dealing with food issues and eating disorders. My therapist says that is very common among rape and trauma survivors. Three of us also suffer from dissociative identity disorder. The commonalities between all of us made for a lot of "aha moments," and moments of clarity. After they left yesterday, my heart and mind were so full that I took a three hour nap. Now I miss them, but I have no doubt that we will see each other again. Here are the links to their blogs. Jenny's Blog~ Jenny Sawle , Eve's Blog~ Let The Freedom Continue , and Jessieh's blog~ floats in the flood

3 Comments:

battleinmind said...

Wow, sounds like quite an afternoon! So great you all got to meet up.
xxx

Just me said...

So glad you got to have that experience!

Eve said...

I feel very much the same way. Surreal is the word that I keep agreeing with in my mind. It really was almost like it wasn't real. But it was. Thanks so much again for your hospitality.
i love you