THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mother/Daughter Day

Photobucket

This picture was taken before my mom and I went out for a day of shopping and lunch.

We went out and bought pajamas, which we are lounging in as I type this post. We did all of our baking yesterday. I think we are all just enjoying spending the time together. It doesn't really matter what we do.
My mom went to my psychiatry appointment with me today. My doctor raised one med, lowered another one, and added a new one. The new one is supposed to help with the racing thoughts, anxiety, and insomnia. I can't seem to shut down my mind, and it especially bothers me at night. I hate that I have to take them, but everytime I try to go off of them, my depression and dissociation come back full force. She also gave me an assignment for the next time I see her. She wants me to write down thirty seconds worth of positive affirmations about myself. It doesn't seem like much, but I honestly am having a difficult time coming up with a list. After I write it all down, she wants me to make a copy, laminate it, and carry it around with me. She said in her German accent,"Life is too short not to love yourself." Tomorrow I will have therapy and see my nutritionist.
I think that I have been doing well with food since my parents have been here. I'm at least eating dinner, and a snack in the evening. Today my mom and I went to Pei Wei and had lettuce wraps, which I love, and I did okay with eating lunch. I'm a little anxious about dinner because I've already had a meal. I will try to do the best I can. It is only peel and eat shrimp, and a salad. I think that I will be able to handle a bit of that.
I am really enjoying my time off from work. My job can be very stressful, and as much as I do love it, I think in this profession, the breaks are much needed. This is a very relaxed holiday, and I don't feel stressed out at all. I used to put a lot of pressure on myself for everything to be perfect, but I'm getting so much better about that. My mom is too. We used to spend days baking and decorating, ending up so exhausted that we couldn't even enjoy any of it. Now I just feel so blessed to have everyone together.

6 Comments:

Amy Lilley Designs said...

positive affirmation:..blessed to have everyone together..:))

Ann said...

Oh I have had a problem with stressing myself out over trying to make the holidays perfect. Could explain why I dread them so much now...lol You sound like you are really enjoying yourself, glad to hear it. How wonderful to have your mom there and hang out with. Something I never had, mine was always to busy with her own life. Keep up that cheery, positive attitude and enjoy your time off. You deserve it.

Wanda's Wings said...

You and your Mom look great. I'm glad you are enjoying your time off.

Mike Golch said...

I have an award for you on my site come and get it.

clean and crazy said...

angela is a beautiful woman, mother, daughter and wife. she writes some of the most amazing poetry i have ever read. her heart is as big as a mountain and she empathizes with people who suffer, she is always there to give a positive thought when i, a complete stranger is feeling down, and she loves. she has a beautiful smile that lights up a room. she is honest and passionate, feisty and compassionate. and it does my heart good to hear you are enjoying your christmas with your mom!!

in my therapy we talked about 'johari's window' i think i spelled it right, you can google it, it talks about perception and how you see yourself and how others do. i just thought i would let you know how i see you to give you some positive affirmations you can look at from someone else's perspective.

you really are a blessing to me happy holidays my freind.

Unknown said...

I can see where you got your good looks from!