My Anger



I went to see my therapist yesterday.
We talked about anger.
Specifically, we talked about how
afraid I am of my anger.
She is right.
The intensity of my anger scares me
more than almost anything else.


I have been having the most vivid
and violent dreams lately.
In the dreams, I brutally stab
my rapists to death.
During the dream, it feels so good
to stab and slash.
Their blood feels like a cleansing rain.
I feel powerful.
I feel joyful.
Then, I awaken,
and all that I can feel
is shame and disgust.
Again...

So, I turn my anger inward.
I try to bury it and ignore
that it exists.
I try not to exist.
I starve.
I want to take back my power,
but...
I am afraid.

Comments

dyingtodance said…
I just wanted to say that your not the only one that has thoughts like this. I have numerous times and it does scare me. I think Ive come to accept that being angry especially towards people that have hurt you is ok. Hope everythings going well

Popular posts from this blog

Certain

Just Snap Out Of It

Combat