The Glamorous Life
It is 2:00 a.m., and I know exactly why I'm up pacing the floor, and ultimately finding myself here, blogging. I'm worried and stressed over my impending colonoscopy. At this point, I'm not all that concerned about the results per se, but in the actual procedure itself. My nutritionist informed me of the fact that although you are somewhat sedated, they usually don't totally put you under, but because of my sexual trauma history, I will need to request that I not be awake at all. I don't want to be awake at all!!! For some reason though, I just dread having to tell whoever is scheduling my appointment, that I have a sexual trauma history. I will, but I just hate having to disclose that information over the phone, to a total stranger. Like I don't already do that here, on this blog! Funny, huh? My doctor's office called yesterday, and the results of my blood tests were all normal, but because of my stomach x-rays, they want to do the colonoscopy, and something else called a gastric emptying study. Despite what the media would have you believe, life with an eating disorder isn't all that glamorous!
Comments
Glad the blood tests were normal, and pray the same for this.
Hugs
You can do it! I have yet to do mine... :0