THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 13, 2016

Love Makes Sense



I haven't posted here lately, although I still write everyday. 
I'm feeling more private, and not as open about sharing. 
My navigation system is somewhat faulty at times...
I slept fitfully last night with nightmares of being held down and trapped. 
Those dreams are nothing new, but they often come when I am feeling unsafe in the world. 
The senseless massacre in Orlando weighs heavy on my heart. 
I was reading the listed names of the victims in a news article this morning while in the waiting room of a car dealership having my car serviced, and when I made it to the last name, I suddenly burst into tears. 
The horror hit me right away when the news broke, but it takes time for the reality to sink in. 
Real people, with lives, and families, and possibilities, all gunned down...
Why? 
When tragedies such as this take place, it is a helpless feeling, and of course, it is natural to want the world to make sense. 
Hating what makes someone different from you doesn't make sense. 
Violence doesn't make sense, and I don't care to ever understand. 
Love, compassion, and unity make sense, and so tonight when I teach my restorative yoga class, I hope that through community, we can all spread peaceful energy. 
The only way to begin to heal the world is by beginning with ourselves. 
Teach love and compassion in your home, let your family and friends know how much you love them, educate yourself so that ignorance doesn't stand in the way of understanding and compassion, and when in doubt, be kind anyway. 
"Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu" 
"May all beings everywhere be happy and free."

0 Comments: