THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Spider Spirit

 


I’m resting in the warmth of a late April morning that feels more like summer. Although I’m trying to be still, my mind dances with a partner I haven’t twirled with in such a long time. My eyes watch a small black spider moving robotically against the basement window, mesmerized by its sky blue markings that flash with the movement of sunlight being released from drifting clouds. I feel each jerking motion twitching though my own limbs as if we were one being; connected by earth and firmament. The wind is a roaring voice enveloping each thought

spinning it around in my mind, 

and as my eyelids grow heavy

the thoughts change colors

azure to emerald

fading into the brilliance of iridescent pearls...


Angela Minard 2021©

0 Comments: