Anorexia And My Family
My son posted this picture on Facebook the other day, saying that this was the body type he preferred. It doesn't surprise me, but I've always been worried about how my anorexia affected my children. I know that it was hard on them when I went in-patient. I think it has made them more aware of the societal pressures to be thin. It still frightens me that I find the thinner body more attractive, and wish that were more my natural body type, but I am learning to accept the shape that I am. I'm doing so well with my eating, and even during times of stress I'm managing to keep up with my intake. Being hungry still freaks me out, and I wait until I can no longer ignore it before I eat, but I'm sure with time I will get used to the feeling without letting it cause me anxiety. Thanksgiving, as most people with eating disorders will tell you, is difficult. I get overwhelmed with so many choices, and the amount of food. I still feel like people watch me, looking for signs of my illness, but it is most likely only in my mind. I'm just trying to focus on spending time with my family, and not worry so much about the eating part. I'm wishing all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Comments
Superman
" If God made you a certain way, then he made someone to love someone like us."--Superman, I needed this too. My husband is the person God made to love me, just the way I am. This sentence made me cry:)
Eve, you are one of the most beautiful women I know, and truly a gift to me, and all of those who know you. You have touched my life in such a positive way! I'm wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving.
I loved Superman's comment also. He is very wise:-)
Those who are at risk include: emotionally insecure, high performance athletes, models/dancers, and a family history. This month, take the time to promote positive self-images and be aware that your body is your temple.
Christal DeLoach
Fayetteville NC Health & Wellness Coach
http://www.fayettevillenchealthwellnesscoach.com