Imagine

free
Last week my therapist asked me to try to imagine what my life would look like if I no longer had an eating disorder. What would be different? For awhile, my mind was stuck on a different question. What would my life look like if I had never been raped? I probably wouldn't have an eating disorder. I wouldn't be me. Am I afraid of losing me...or finding me? I don't know what I want my life to look like. Right now, I'm just trying to get through the pain. I want to get through a week without the empty, blank spaces of time that steal the present. I want to cry, and be angry, and cry some more. I want to know that what happened to me mattered. That I matter. Otherwise, what was the purpose of lifting the silence?

Comments

The Speaker said…
You are so incredible. Never doubt this about yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Certain

Just Snap Out Of It

Combat