Certain

Certain
The moon follows you at night
when you are a child
Oh yes, it does
of that I'm certain
And the stuffed animals
with their neon colored synthetic fur
they talk to each other
when you close the bedroom door
Oh yes, they do
of that I'm certain
And you can hear the angels whisper
and the jingle of sleigh bells
on Christmas Eve
And dandelion seeds are tiny ballet dancers
twirling in the wind
The fairies hide beneath the willows
And if you lie in confession with your fingers crossed
you won't go to hell
And with the moon behind
you are always safe
when you are a child
Oh yes, you are
of that I'm certain
The fairies hide beneath the willows
And if you lie in confession with your fingers crossed
you won't go to hell
And with the moon behind
you are always safe
when you are a child
Oh yes, you are
of that I'm certain
Angela Minard2009©
Comments
it's not only when you're a child... :)
Until now.
:)
Things can be so simple in the child's eyes.
Z