THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 10, 2009

Girl On A Bike

Photobucket

Girl On A Bike

I watched a girl on her bike
perhaps ten or eleven
and then she stopped,
smiled, and waved at me
Just like that
no hesitation
so simple
and uncomplicated
The tears
came coursing
unaware

I could have never
been like that then
I was like a starling
fleeing for my life
A fleeting glance
made my heart take flight
Fear in the flutter
Grief is like that
It comes from a girl on her bike

Angela Minard 2009©

4 Comments:

Mike Golch said...

ah the joys of being a child and not having to suffer the horrors that can be visited opon them by adults.

Jade Meng said...

A lovely girl. When I was at her age, I rode a bike to school everyday.

Anonymous said...

Angela - this is a beautiful poem -

Angela said...

Thanks Koe~ That means a lot to me coming from you!