THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Swimming Home


Swimming Home

It was as if suddenly I felt your love
and so I came swimming home
muddy water dripping from my hands
the key slipping into the unlocked door

Crawling beneath your skin
drawing your breath into my lungs
there is comfort in the familiar
our pasts intertwined

Within these silences
meant to keep you away
always protecting you from my pain
drowning in a pool of darkness
Swimming alone

In my dreams
I can hear her cries
the ghost of a girl calling me

Looking into my own eyes
I can finally see
and reaching out to save myself
I find my way back to you

Angela Minard 2012©


2 Comments:

Angela Elain Gambrel said...

That is very beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

{{{Hugs}}}
Angela

catherine said...

this really touched my heart. beautiful. thank you, c.