Certain
Certain The moon follows you at night when you are a child Oh yes, it does of that I'm certain And the stuffed animals with their neon colored synthetic fur they talk to each other when you close the bedroom door Oh yes, they do of that I'm certain And you can hear the angels whisper and the jingle of sleigh bells on Christmas Eve And dandelion seeds are tiny ballet dancers twirling in the wind The fairies hide beneath the willows And if you lie in confession with your fingers crossed you won't go to hell And with the moon behind you are always safe when you are a child Oh yes, you are of that I'm certain Angela Minard2009©

Comments
The bigger joke was the night Dad helped with homework, VERY grouchily as if my SON was not understanding and doing it wrong...and our son came home saying something like, "Yeah I got a D on the homework Dad kept telling me "I" was doing wrong."
I'd say, you and your fam are "normal." They are way ahead of us. That's ok, because then they start teaching us. It's really wonderful once we get over the "But "I" am supposed to be smarter than/teaching you!" :)
Here's a website that might help in the future.
http://www.webmath.com/
Math is one of those things we don't remember because many of the concepts we learn are not necessary for general daily life. It's not a big deal.....kids are learning things so much faster (and EARLIER!) than we did. My son is in Algebra and he's only in 8th grade. It's crazy.
All of us readers know that you are an excellent wordsmith, and personally I like words more than numbers myself.
NathanKP - Imagination Manifesto
Palin vs. Biden:
Old Man in Florida
Robin~ I agree. Numbers just don't make much sense to me. Oh well, thank goodness that the words seem to!
Lumina~ You are so right. We learn so much more from our children than we can ever teach them!
Old Man in Florida~ It's a date:)
That was a great poem, btw.