The Dark Side Of A Butterfly
I'm having a rough day.
Every time I get my period, it reminds me of the rape, and cleaning up the blood afterwards. It was the first time that I had ever bled like that, and I realize now, that I must have been in shock. I know that many rape victims shower or bathe after the attack, but I remember feeling too terrified to stay in the apartment, so I put on a bathing suit and t-shirt, carried the bloody sheets out to the dumpster, and then I got into the apartment swimming pool and swam back and forth across the length of the pool until I was exhausted. I certainly didn't understand anything that had happened to me. Only that I must have done something horribly wrong, and that no one could ever know about it. Oh, this is still so hard. When will I learn not to take it out on myself.

Comments
i have an award for you ANGELA. i hope you'll find the time to visit my blog again.
GOD BLESS!
I haven't been raped, and I feel guilty that so many people have and I don't understand their pain. But know this: I feel sad for you and I want you to feel better and it sounds corny, but I am so sorry. Really sorry. Like I'm not just saying that, but I really am sorry.
I know I'm rambling, but I wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.
try to have a great weekend my friend. much love to you
I am so sorry for what you endured.
I don't know how to give advice to you on this subject, but for all you have been through I think you have made a lot of progress, so when you have a bad day don't get upset with yourself just let it be what it is. As long as you pick yourself back up, you are a survivor. I love the saying progress, not perfection, Allow yourself to take those two steps forward and when you go back a few have faith in yourself that you will only grow through these experiences. May Angels be around you to support you, Thanks for being so brave to share your story.
Take Care,
Janet :)