A Liar's Lament

A Liar's Lament
I've never been able to read your writing,
but in my hands I hold your regret
Fingertips touching sorrow
for what you have lost
I believe that you are sorry
only for yourself
I remember standing on your toes
and looking up.
It was only a moment
lost in time, and so very far away
Trust and believing has faded into
a numbing nothingness
I've waited and still
when it comes to you
I have no voice
My words are everything to me
All that cannot be stolen
or changed to fit your perceptions
of who I should be
You have been lost in my silence
and like a scream that dissipates
into the cold night air,
you finally disappear
Angela Minard 2009©
Comments
I stumbled upon your blog yesterday and I would like to say that you are a beautiful writer and that I'm looking forward to reading more about you. From what I've read so far it sounds like you and I struggle with some of the same things-- I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop by my blog sometime (bloggernos.blogspot.com).
Sending you well-wishes,
NOS
much love to you my friend...xoxox
This says a lot to me that you are working through things. To verbalize your feelings about this is a wonderful and progressive step!!
I hope you have a good week.:-)
I just love your poems. I hope you have a good day tomorrow!!
Hugs,
Jackie
when it comes to you
I have no voice
Nice job!
Mark
I just composed my own blog for the first time tonight, and checked labels for recovery, found you, have many things in common. I'm thrilled to find you do poetry too. I also have an amazing husband, am recovering from many things, and believe in the power of expressing ourselves. Please visit my blog. I need some feedback!