The Sound Of Your Voice

Photobucket

The Sound Of Your Voice

so shrill
Never a whisper,
no, you always yell
How much you hate
the reflection of me
Making sure that I hear
every word you say
I've memorized
each ugly phrase
carved deep into my skin
while you hold the knife
so lovingly

You're not a lover
You're not my friend
Yet over and over
I come back again
Losing myself
Believing your lies
Hands held
over my mouth
screaming inside
I remain nothing
but mute

Angela Minard 2009©

Comments

Joanne Olivieri said…
Powerful, poignant and grabs hold of you in fear. Very well crafted.
Ann said…
I totally agree with poetic shutterbug and couldn't have said it better. You have a gift with words
Nikki (Sarah) said…
Whoa. this is powerful. Riveting. I feel it. I've lived it. I know it. I hate it.
Erik said…
Wow. It was painful to read, but powerful. I love the graphic you chose to accompany your words.
Janet Gardner said…
Wow,so powerful, so many of us have that in our lives sadly. Keep sharing Angela
Take Care,
Janet :)
Wilmaryad said…
Kudos to you for shining the way you do and for writing such resonating words!

A fellow childhood sexual survivor.
Chinaski said…
Outstanding in every aspect!
Christa Bledsoe said…
That was a great piece! Finally someone who can write :) Congrats, I love it.
isabella mori said…
that's an impressive image!
Jackie said…
Wow very powerful Angela. You certainly do draw us in and express the power and self hate perfectly!!

I hope you are saving all of these for a book someday!!

You are such a powerful writer. I just have to believe these are helpful to you.

I know they are to me!!

Sorry about being away over the weekend. But, I simply couldn't get up and running.

Thanks for reading and critiquing my work. I rarely write and am always so very nervous when I post something!!

Hugs,
Jackie

Popular posts from this blog

Certain

Just Snap Out Of It

Combat