Snow Days
I should be back at work today, but we had a snow day, and another one has already been announced for tomorrow. I’m ready to go back. I had a phone session with my nutritionist last night, and I was telling her that while I’ve been on break, I’ve felt even more eating disordered than usual. I think it’s because when I’m at work, I rarely think about food, or my body image. I don’t have the time. Right now though, that is all there is. I’m stuck in the house because of the weather, and although I can keep myself somewhat busy around here, it’s not the same sort of distraction. I have to work harder to challenge the negative self talk, and there seems to be more of it. I’m proud of myself for challenging it, but I do get weary. I’m still pretty much sticking with my one meal per day, which is dinner so that I can eat with my family, but lately that depends on what I’ve already eaten during the day. When I’m at work, I don’t eat at all. My nutritionist wants me to start trying to eat lunch at work, but I’m scared that I will want to cut dinner if I do that, and eating with my family is too important. I’m feeling stronger, so maybe soon I will be ready and able to add an extra meal. It shouldn't be that hard, but believe me, it is.

Comments
Take care Angela.