A Leap Of Faith

Leap of Faith Pictures, Images and Photos

Today I told a friend that knows about my eating disorder and the sexual abuse that all that I wanted to be was "normal." Of course he then asked what that meant, and all that I could think of were the things that I did not want to be. I said with self deprecating humor the other day that I apologize for my mere existence, but the truth is that I too often apologize for being who I am. I say I'm sorry at least a few times a day, and sometimes for things that I didn't even do, or were beyond my control. "It was my fault," is the reoccurring theme in my life. I relive the pain of the past, unable to see who and where I am now. I fear the future because I'm afraid that I'm going to fail at who I want to be. I want to be a whole, unbroken woman, who loves, laughs, cries, feels, and actually lives in the present. I want so much, and I'm afraid that it is too much...that I'm too much. My feelings inside are a jumble of mixed and confusing emotions that I can't seem to sort out. Maybe this is what healing is because I'm beginning to actually feel all of the feelings that I numbed myself from for so long. The eating disorder was a sweet distraction from my emotions, but it is no longer working, even though I'm still using those behaviors as a way to cope. So why not just stop, give it up, and take a leap of faith.

Comments

Ann said…
good idea Angela. Go for it!
Wanda's Wings said…
You are doing a good job. Sexual abuse survivors have a tendency to hold on to all of our coping mechanism.
Paula said…
I can relate so very much. When I stopped numbing myself I was confronted with so many confusing feelings and didnt know what to do or how to react. It was as exhausting as it was exhilarating. I got taught to recognize and manage emotions (hard stuff!). The most important message I got however it that I have started a journey without knowing the outcome. Trying to force the recovery in a direction of what I had imagined I wanna be, will only hinder the recovery! Sigh. Now I exercise: let go and let is happen. Hugs to you, Paula xxx
Angela said…
Thanks Paula:) I know what you mean about the exhiliration. I feel so up and down, but mostly positive. I feel excited to finally be healing!

Wanda and Ann<3<3<3
Nicole said…
I hope you take the leap, because you deserve a happy, healthy life free of your ED. I believe in you <3

*hugs*
Nicole
Sunny said…
Another wonderful read!

Yes, I say take that leap of faith. What do you have to lose, really?

I keep asking myself the same question and lately I've been on the uphill climb (again) and I'm struggling inside. Grr...so ridiculous really, but it happens and it's a part of me.

The thing is, really there is nothing to lose in taking that leap of faith, grabbing your life "by the horns" so to speak and having a little fun while you're at it!

(I'm telling myself this too)

Sending TONS of love...wish I could give you a big hug....love you lots.

T.
Anonymous said…
Do it then! Only you can do it for yourself. No one else can do it for you.

Superman
Ferd said…
As a recovering person myself, I can relate to developing a poor coping mechanism that eventually fails to control the bad feelings inside. Yet I kept going back to my habit time and time again, despite the self-destructive aspects of it.
You seem to be at a point in your life when it is finally okay to open up the issues to take a good look. I hope your recovery road will be as fruitful as mine has been. May you find the peace you certainly deserve!

Popular posts from this blog

Certain

Just Snap Out Of It

Combat