Chaos
"You need chaos in the soul to give birth to a dancing star." ~Friedrich Nietzsche
I'm thinking that I have so much inner chaos that it isn't even funny! I should soon be dancing:)
I'm feeling some much needed strength and determination in the past few days. My therapist told me last week to just do one thing different in my life, and see how that can change things. I'm trying to slow down, and challenge the negative thoughts in my mind. The messages that I'm continually giving myself have never been positive ones. I beat myself up so much that I can't see any of my gifts clearly. We all have gifts, which I can recognize in others, so why not myself? I received a very nice compliment today, and the first thing that I thought was how can that person see what they see, when I cannot see it? My mom always tells me, "I wish you could see in yourself what I see." I wish that too. I have a negatively distorted sense of self, and I realize that this is one of the things that I really want to change. It is going to take a lot of retraining my brain, but I need to start caring for and about myself. Yes, part of that means nourishing my body, and realizing that it is alright to have needs, food being one of them. I'm willing, if anything, to allow myself to take up space in this world.

Comments
i can't hear compliments either. i think there's something wrong with the complimenter. UNLESS, of course someone tells me it's terrific that i've gained weight. i sure hear that!!!! not the terrific part, of course.
great, good luck accomplishing your goals. you are so very, very, very, very, very worth it
Take care of yourself, babe. I am on your side 110%.