Half Way Through The Woods

"Sometimes people leave you half way through the woods." Into the Woods
I've lost my best friend that I have known since Jr. High. I'm devastated,and heartbroken. My drinking and illnesses have driven her away, and she says that she can no longer watch me self destruct. I've done some things that have hurt her, and she can't forgive me for them. It comes at a strange time, just as I'm getting a hold of my recovery, and starting to feel good about myself. It brings back the self doubt, and feelings that I'm a horrible person, and not good enough. She says that there is nothing that can change her mind, so I'm not even going to try. I thought that we had resolved our problems after a talk that we had a couple of months ago. I apologized for hurting her. She said that we could repair our relationship after that, but she feels our friendship is irreparable now. She kept cancelling plans that we had made, so I knew something was wrong, but I never thought she would end everything. She told me through facebook, and I'm hurt that she couldn't face me. My therapist often tells me that recovery can take up to ten years. I know that is a long time to stand by someone, and I often take two steps forward, and one step back. I've made mistakes in my life that I don't deny. I cried all day yesterday, but I know that I need to move on, and not let it affect all of the work that I've done in the past month. I will still use my new coping skills, and continue to move forward. That is all that I can do.
Comments
Stay strong Angela. You can still do this x x
has anything happened in the interim (since your conversation) that has made her turn away?
does it make any sense at all that she said this or is it completely from left field?
i'm just thinking of people saying they didn't want to deal with me.
love
Old Man who knows everything!!!
Love you <3
You don't come across like you're attacking her, and in the same way we don't want to be attacking you. I bet your friend's not mad at you or anything like that. And I pray that she'll see how hard you're working and that you'll be able to reconcile once you're in a better place.
Hope that makes sense. Just know no-one is against you x x
Strength comes and goes, but builds. Two steps forward and one step back is still a step forward, and I honestly believe you're making amazing progress. We're right behind you!