A Letter To Myself

A Love Letter To Myself
This was an exercise to build self esteem, so I tried it. It felt a bit awkward to write this, but here it is anyway.
To Me,
For so long I've treated you with disdain,
like a stranger who resides in your own skin,
but you are not an empty shell.
You are passion and love,
creative and giving to others.
A past filled with pain has made you who you are,
and now you have empathy for those suffering.
You have gifts and talents that too often you hide.
Reach out and share!
I have watched you begin to bloom,
nurturing your body and mind.
You are always open to new ideas,
and although sometimes you fall,
you always find a way to rise up,
spreading your wings as if to take flight.
You are a survivor, and no longer a victim,
taking back your power, and standing strong.
Hold on to your tenacious spirit, and never give up.
I'm proud of who you are becoming.
You are not a reflection, but an awakening soul,
beautiful within, bright and shining with renewed hope.
I promise to love you always.
Forever,
Angela
Comments
you inspire me write myself.
i love what you said about yourself.