THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 8, 2011

Positives For The Week...

Photobucket It has been a long week at work. My kiddos with autism challenge me daily, and yet I also learn so much from them. There are days that it is rewarding, and days when I'm discouraged, but I still love it. Sometimes the adults that I work with are more difficult than the students! I'm glad that it is Friday. I'm looking forward to my yoga classes this weekend, and just enjoying the warmer weather. I have had some successes with food this week, which is very encouraging. I ate a flatbread sandwich at Subway this afternoon. I rarely eat fast food because it scares me, but I got a veggie sandwich and all was good:-) The boys wanted pizza for dinner, so I also has a piece of pizza. Two meals in one day, and all fast food none the less. Go me! I have been feeling fairly positive about myself all in all, and when the negative thoughts creep in, I try to reframe them. I can't believe that something as simple as yoga could change things for me, but I think the whole philosophy and attitude of nurturing yourself and your body is so helpful for me. Victor, who is one of the instructors came over to me after class one day while I was rolling up my mat. He asked me to sit and talk with him for a minute. He asked why I was there, and I kind of told him a bit of my story. He told me that his wife, who is also one of the instructors, was a recovered anorexic, and something told him that I had issues with how I felt about my body. He comes over and adjusts my poses sometimes, and tells me to relax, and not too think too much about if I'm doing it right. He told his wife about me, and encouraged me to take one of her classes, so that is what I'm going to do tomorrow. Well, that is a bit about my week. I'm wishing everyone a fabulous weekend :)

3 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

Sounds like a wonderful week. Proud of you Angela!

Just me said...

This is so great to read! I'm so happy for you & so proud of you. Keep going!!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture <3